Monday, January 16, 2012

Pantone Color of 2012


I love when Pantone announces the "Color of the Year", it's so much fun! The Color of 2012 is Tangerine Tango and I really love it. It's a really fun color and is a little bit pink, a little bit orange, and a little bit red.


The tangerine is super intense and vibrant.

This orange linen fabric on this chair is...a tangerine dream. Yup, I said it. It's a traditional setting with a fun pop of color. Sara Bengur.

I should have included this in my last blog about vertical striped walls. The orange stripe mixed in with white, blue and taupe really makes it pop. I love the way it looks with blue, too. Sheila Bridges.

Muriel Brandolini designed this adorable fabric with a faded carrot background with bright orange flowers. Fabric.


Amanda Nisbet mixes a lot of bright colors together in this playful sitting room but grounds it with some dark blue and beige.

Yeah, I have some orange pants. These are very cute too from J. Crew.

I think I must really love the navy blue and tangie combination. The nautical blue stripes paired with the bright orange is very appealing to me. Massucco Warner Miller.


Do you like the tangerine color? Turns out I like all the new colors of the year. I guess I just really love color...surprised? According to these jokers, orange means enthusiasm, happiness, creativity, success, and stimulation. True that. When you use these in a room they are fun, dynamic, and creates action in the room.

Alicia B.

1 comment:

Decor Arts Now said...

Hi Alicia!
Love the Brandolini fabric!
Hope you are well!
Xo, Lynn