Saturday, August 20, 2011

Our Wedding!!


A lot of you (my precious readers) have been begging me for pictures from the wedding two weeks ago. My mother and I basically designed the wedding and it was really beautiful...we rarely clashed on anything. My new husband and I are incredibly lucky to have had this amazing day...a good start to our lives together!!


We were married in a sweet little Congregational church in Litchfield County CT. The ceremony was amazing and my husband and I didn't break eye contact the entire time. It was threatening to rain and the moment that we stepped out of the church it started--good luck, I've heard!


Here are 3 out of 4 of my bridesmaids who wore adorable Buttercup yellow dresses by Lula Kate.


Here is the gorgeous tent that was in our backyard overlooking the rolling hills in the Berkshires.

The tent was beautiful and a cluster of these lanterns was hung over the dance floor. They were so charming and made the space super intimate.

Here we are!! My husband wore light khakis, a blue blazer and a cute yellow and blue polka dot bowtie from J Press. My dress was very light silk organza by Vera Wang with a large ivory grosgrain ribbon and flower broach.

Here is a close up on the bouquet.

My florist is a complete genius and created the most adorable and sweet flower arrangements in silver mint julep cups that my mom and I collected from the local thrift shops.


Our favor were 2 little macarons from Payard Bakery tied (by my sisters) in little bags with yellow grosgrain ribbon with our names and the date of our wedding written on them.

Ivory table cloths and light yellow napkins were the table linens and we had faux bamboo chairs.

Our cake was GAWGEOUS and though I only got one bite (the one that was ceremoniously fed to me) it was DELISH. Lemon butter cream= heaven. The cake topper was used at my sister's wedding 3 years ago and also at my grandmother's wedding in the 1930's so it was very special to have it.

Thank you for letting me share our amazing day with you and Happy Two Week Anniversary to us!!



Alicia B.

3 comments:

Robin said...

How lovely it all looks! And there was enough yellow and sunny disposition to outshine the rain, I am sure!

Custom Logo Design said...

Very inspiring...You know how to make your post understandable for most of the people.Thumbs up and Thanks.

Decor Arts Now said...

Simply lovely! Your dress and flowers were divine! Thanks for sharing and CONGRATULATIONS!
Xo, Lynn