Saturday, August 13, 2011

OH and BTW I got married...


A few of you all have been begging me for pictures from my wedding last weekend. I have to say it was, without a doubt, the best day of our lives and even though it rained (buckets), we had the most incredible and unforgettable time. These pictures are from the rehearsal dinner, which I designed, and my mother executed.


It was held in a boathouse, at a nearby boys prep school, so everything was very nautical. Plus I love nautical decor so I had so much fun designing it. The boathouse looked out onto one of the lakes in our town and was a beautiful view.

The fabric that we bought was from Fabric.com. My mom (sewing genius) sewed all the table cloths and napkins.

The napkin rings were nautical knot bracelets made by this super cute couple in Mystic CT available at Mystic Knotworks.


I scoured the internet for tons of milk glass vases, bowls, cake stands, and a pitcher for the tables. The flowers were from my mother's garden and were the perfect pop of orange, pink and red against all the blue and white.

Since we have so many of them, I'm probably going to sell off a few of them--stay tuned for that!

This was the bunting banner that I made! I had extra fabric from the tablecloths and some ikat fabric from some pillows that I made for a client and crafted them into this fab nautical preppy banner! More on that later...


The night was a total success and the toasts that everyone made for us were super special and meant so much to us. It was the perfect night before the perfect day!!


I'll work on some wedding photos for you in the next few days. What did you think of the rehearsal dinner? We had an amazing time and it was a great time for both of our families to get acquainted before the actual wedding. I can't believe we've been married for one week!


Mrs. Alicia B.

5 comments:

Robin said...

Congrats! And the rehearsal dinner setting looks lovely. Did you wear the Lilly dress you were eyeing? Can't wait to see the wedding photos.

Whitney said...

Nautical preppy happiness! Love it - it's soooo you! The napkin rings are genius. The tablecloths a dream come true. Well done!

Decor Arts Now said...

Looks lovely Alicia. Can't wait to see more.
Xo,
Lynn

Anna {dear friend} said...

Alicia, you're rehearsal dinner was GORGEOUS!!!!!

I can't wait to see pics of the big day (I hear rain is good luck :)... and of course, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

xo,
Anna

Raina Cox said...

Mazel Tov, you two crazy kids!

May your future see only calm waters and splendid shores.