Sunday, March 13, 2011

Eye on Eyelet

Have you noticed the eyelet everywhere as much as I have? I have seen it everywhere while window shopping today--the most adorable white dresses--and online, too. It is perfect for the (hopefully) fast coming spring season and warm weather. I grew up the cutest white eyelet curtains and have always loved eyelet.


I WILL have this dress from Boden once it becomes a little warmer. I love how whimsical yet structured it is. The Broderie Dress from Boden for $168.


Eyelet Pillow shams and bed skirts are a simple way to change the feeling of a bedroom to feel more Spring or Summer. Martha Stewart from Macy's bedding collection.

Since I'm planning my wedding right now I'm always looking at all things wedding. Here is a beautiful simple eyelet wedding dress. I think if I were getting married in the middle of a field and in Vermont, I'd wear this dress. What do you think? Fabulous chair fabric, too. Found on Martha Stewart Weddings.


Oh look, more wedding stuff!! How gorgeous is this cake? Tailored, yet whimsical and very summery looking. On GetMarried.com. Let me eat cake.

Here is a crocheted eyelet pillow sham from Pottery Barn. It's sort of a mix between matlasse and eyelet, huh? HERE.

Yes, I LOVE eyelet. A really cute idea is to add eyelet trim to some pillows. Cath Kidston is very whimsical and has great country style though in my apartment I would have gone with white or a blue..OR YELLOW!


I'm super into this trend but I think there can be a right and a wrong way to do it. I think if you make it look "shabby chic", you need to reel it in and tailor it a bit. Structure with something whimsical is key. What do you think? Are you into it?

Alicia B.

3 comments:

Layers and Layers said...

I've always loved eyelets ... so summery, feminine, & pretty. Glad to see them back in vogue :)

Decor Arts Now said...

Almost bought the Boden dress myself but I held back 'cause I look a bit washed out all in white. The navy color was already sold-out, so hurry up gals. Love eyelet-- especially in bedding. That is the little bit of country in me. Xo , Lynn

Darcy said...

Alicia, I thought you might also like the Schoolboy Blazer in eyelet from J.Crew (http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/blazers/schoolboy/PRDOVR~37960/37960.jsp). I got it in white and love it. And that wedding dress is gorgeous!