Sunday, November 21, 2010

Time to be Thankful!


With Thanksgiving only 3 days away, I'd love to focus on everything that I'm thankful for. Health, family, and my all around awesome well being are the top things I'm happy that I have especially this time of year.
I'm super thankful for my blog. I'm really happy that I brought it back after a 6 month retirement. I've been getting such positive feedback too that it's definitively spurring me on! Also, my every expanding design business--e*design, photography, interior accessories. Thanks everybody.



I am really loving my new job as well. As much as I loved working in the D & D Building, it is thrilling to be working for an architect now! (No, I don't work for Frank Lloyd Wright but I AM making my way up to Oak Park today!!)


Online Design magazines like Rue, Lonny, Nesting Newbies, and High Gloss! I love all the new innovations in magazines and the level of creativity is astounding. High Gloss comes out in January and we are all eagerly anticipating its arrival...!

Glee. Yes, I love Glee. I'm not ashamed and it makes me ecstatic. Gwyneth Paltrow re-earned my respect in the latest episode. Check out whats playing on LOOP on my ipod HERE.


I'm very thankful for my friends--who are SO adorable and innocent and send me email saying "Have you seen this website--The Selby?!" HAHA Why yes, I think I might have heard of it. My friends are super supportive of pretty much everything in my life and I am thankful for that. (Group hug??)


Fabric. I'm working on a few throw pillows and new drapery for some clients and I'm LOST (not unhappy about it though) in a world of fabric swatches. Fabric is so much fun and you can do so much with it.

This is just a small smattering of what I am thankful for....AND...





As a side note (on the blog, not in my life), I'm thankful for my fiance! YES, I'm engaged!! The beau/love of my life proposed last Friday and we are SO so happy. You might see some fun wedding inspired posts as I'm planning it!

What are you thankful for?!!!


Alicia B.

2 comments:

ashie said...

ludge you. xx

LindsB said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh- CONGRATS!!!! So so happy for you!!! I cant WAIT to hear all about your wedding planning and all the fun things you are going to plan- wooohooo!