Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Inspiration from Foreigners


My (lucky) parents just got back from a trip to the south of France, drinking fabulous wine, seeing the Caves of Lascaux (swoon), and bringing us girls presents from afar! My favorite gift (aside from knowing that my parents had a much deserved amazing time abroad) was a design magazine, Maison & Travaux my mother picked up for me at a tabac! Even if this isn't a great magazine in France (I have no idea, really), it is GOLD to me right now. I love to see what the other part of the world is doing and much of this was crazy interesting to see! Take a look.

Lyon? Don't mind if I do. There was a whole spread on old stone houses like this one many of them dilapidated. AMAZING.

They had a whole faux bois section too which was VERY cool. After that...things got weird.
See below:

This spread was a home with lots of modern, cool architecture and amazing rooms but...there was this very sinister paint dripping from different corners of each room.

Here is the kitchen...

And a paint murder/accident in the bedroom.

More dripping paint in the bedroom. I think the idea is cool and VERY original but in some cases it looked like the painter forgot to cover up a mistake or something very horrible happened on the floor above and it was seeping down.

What do you guys think? There was LOTS more amazing French design wisdom, but this spread realllly stuck out for me as you can imagine. I'd actually love to see more of this. I think paint drip wall paper might be really incredible, no? Oui? Mais oui! Check out more from this really cool magazine Maison & Travaux HERE.

Alicia B.

3 comments:

Mandy Crandell said...

What a great magazine! I love some of these spaces.

Silver Strands said...

I think the paint drips are a little freaky. The kitchen one looked deliberate and pretty cool, but I agree with you about the rest - they looked like mistakes/murder scenes.

Great blog!

City700 said...

Bonjour de France !
This magazine is not the best.
If you want, I can send you two magazines,otherwise they will end up in the trash... =)(hope you understand my english)
Free of course.
(Contact me)
Cordialement
Christine