Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Black and white and awesome all over.

To continue my interest/love in black and white interiors, here is a nice collection of more gorgeous b&w rooms. My apartment is full of browns blues, yellows and greens so this is a nice little fantasy for me.


LOVING this black and white splatter wallpaper made by Hinson. Black and white looks great with that wooden cricket table too. By Tom Scheerer.

EH to the bedspreads; just not my style. BUT I do enjoy a flashy pop of color like that turquoise chair. This dark grey paint is gorgeous and even makes the radiator look pretty! By RJ Thornberg from Point Click Home.

From the late and great Metropolitan Home, I love this dining room by Kelly Hoppen. Zebra rug, yup. Black painted floor, mmhmm. Black and white photographs? SCORE.

I love the drama of this staircase and the pop of bright yellow in the wing chair.

I saw this on Cup of Jo (via Lonny mag) a few days ago. This is the bathroom for the uber glam J Crew on Madison Ave on the Upper East side (where I love to shop). The vertical stripes are very bold, but if you look closer there are many beautiful details: the mouldings, the little ledge with frames on it, and the scalloped mirror. What a simple way yet creative way to make a small bathroom more exciting.

This mostly white kitchen from House Beautiful has wonderful pops of black. The black tiles help to frame out the cabinetry and counters.

Carleton Varney, in true Dorothy Draper style, uses the black and white vertically striped wallpaper in this sweet dramatic front hall. Also, check out the zebra on the stairway.

I know this isn't TECHNICALLY black and white, it's chocolate and white but at first glance, it could be right? This Rob Southern (adore) interior from Clover Mag is traditional but so fun and youthful. The wall covering is actually chocolate and white crewelwork--isn't it AMAZING? I'm just in love with this whole house.

Isn't this fun? I think I may start to incorporate a little graphic black and white-ness into my apartment. I came to New York with NOT ONE piece of black clothing, and look at me now ( I own lots of black now)! Sort of kidding but really, color looks really bright and fun against a more monochromatic background, yes? Black and white can be super dramatic and glam too!


Alicia B.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the pops of yellow combined with the black and white. I have a lot of these pictures in my photo files as well. Nicely done.

LindsB said...

Did you see the black and white wallpaper galley kitchen in the new Lonny that came out yesterday? Its really bold and fun

Alicia B. Designs said...

Linds--thanks! It takes me SO long to get through Lonny b/c I have to click on everything to see where it came from and then my ADD kicks in and I'm off shopping! I LOVE that kitchen--I can't believe that's Farrow and Ball paper.

One of my Hobby Blogs said...

oh well I love that black floor, but I bet it's a bugga to keep looking clean!!!

Ally said...

I love, love, love black & white striped anything! Those walls are amazing (and the kitchen is amazing, too)! Great finds!