Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Popping Red Bedrooms

Barclay Butera's paisley fabric he designed for Kravet.

As I've mentioned about a million times I'm working on a very modern corporate residence for school and I'm nearly finished--my presentation is tomorrow! I must say, I'm pretty pleased with my work. The rooms are full of round features, circular beds, Kyle Bunting fur rugs (LOVE), and insanely modern fabrics. I need a break though. I need to go back to, as my teacher calls it, my safety zone. I am feeling so festive now a week and a half before Christmas. I keep seeing red everywhere and it's making me feel tres cozy. Here are some cozy and festive bedrooms that can be warm all year round.
Via Verdagris Vie. I'm in love with these oversized red striped pillows! If you need to add some red or something festive a throw pillow is the perfect thing because you can easily change the covers whence the season changes. Yeah, WHENCE.


Velvet is so hot right now, and really makes this headboard look soft and luxurious. I've always loved this bedroom from House Beautiful by Stephen Shubel.


How country fabulous is this bedroom by Kathleen Rivers? I love the faded red window pane plaid bed skirt. I'd die to have a fur throw on my bed. I love real fur but if you want the top faux fur throw, go for Bunny Williams's "Miss Naughty Bunny Throw" from her BeeLine Home collection. It looks so cozy!


This is such a simple room and I'd like to take that tiny television and hurl it out the window but the red doors for some reason make me stop. Almost made my heart stop, if you know what I mean. By Coco Raynes from Veranda.


This is a deeeeeep rich red. I am in awe over the wall paper--isn't it gorgeous? I love how the little tole lampshade subtly emerges from the darkness of the wall. By Casey Design Planning.
And who can resist fresh crisp red and white bedding? The is the kind of bed that only Santa can deliver (I know, I went too far there). From Pottery Barn.


I think that even just a pop of red is sufficient to make you stop in your design tracks. I know I have a fear of red, but I'm coming around. It doesn't have to be super aggressive, it can be fun, festive, and sumptuous. Or it can be tartan!

ALSO: Stay tuned tomorrow for an extra special interview with the owners one of my favorite new stores! SO EXCITING!


Alicia B.

2 comments:

CLAIRE WATKINS, ASID ALLIED said...

Great company name, great story, great pieces, great interview! Superb! I think I'll go look for a beach to sit on while I drink rum drinks and wait for a similarly fabulous idea to hit me.

down comforter said...

Love the cozy rustic bedroom in the third image :)