Monday, November 30, 2009

Holiday Gift Guide: Kitchen Edition

"Shots" would look perfect in any kitchen and quite an inspiration for a good baker!

This posting should really be titled: "I will accept any of these items with open arms", but alas, it is not. It's officially the holiday season now that we've pushed past Thanksgiving (I still have tons of leftovers, YUM), it's time to think about the season of giving no matter what you celebrate! Here are some great gift ideas for the kitchen.

I received these as a gift from my sister a few years ago and i will never forget how delicious, flaky, and buttery these croissants were. I wish I had some right now. From Williams Sonoma for $39.

I'm pretty sure that I gave this to my mother last year for her birthday as one of those gifts that says "I really want to keep this for myself but I guess you can have it." I love Italian food and the recipes that my mother has made so far have been so delish. Urban Italian from Amazon.com is only $23 but I suggest buying it from your local independent bookstore...

I seem to have started a collection of aprons from Anthropologie. I keep getting them as gifts and I'm not even sorry--they're adorable! The Twittering Tea Time apron is $28.

I just straight up need this. Le Creuset Mortar and Pestle from Bloomingdales for $38.

This is the perfect little colander for one serving of pasta and is the perfect size for a tiny New York kitchen. Also from Anthropologie for $12.

These jute wine bottle bags are perfect for a gift of wine! A set of four from Wisteria for $19.

This scalloped edge silver bowl is so gorgeous. It would be perfect for a little display of ornaments, or grapefruits in the kitchen! From Eddie Ross's Etsy Shop for $55.

I'm always offending people with my current bottle opener from college and this would be the perfect upgrade... I love keys too! The Castle Key bottle opener from Anthropologie for $12.

The Brook Farm General store has so much to offer, these hand towels being one of them. They are 100 % cotton and only $18.

How adorable and vintage is this VINTAGE ice bucket!? I love the round shape of it--perfect for the Holiday Cocktail party from Brook Farm General Store for $55.

Two things I love: objects in miniature and organizational goods! These mini numbered spice jars take care of both of my needs. Digit spice jars for $5 from Anthropoligie.


I love giving gifts just as much as I love to receive them but I'm sure these will all be big hits! I'm hoping to do a guide for every area of your life but we shall see. Happy Monday!


Alicia B.

1 comment:

Haven and Home said...

Great choices! I need to take notes because I am clueless in the kitchen. I have those burlap wine sacks coming in a post this week (I write them ahead of time) I think they make the best gift!