Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Book Signing: Celerie Kemble To Your Taste

About two weeks ago, I went to a super fun book signing/panel discussion with Celerie Kemble and Thad Hayes and bought their books and got them signed! It was amazing to briefly meet each designer as they were really friendly and encouraging. I'm enjoying their books whenever I have a spare moment. Celerie's book, To Your Taste is full of amazing interiors that she's designed.


I love the use of this bell jar turned upside down to put a spot light on this sweet scene.

Amazing colors here. Light, airy, and timeless. The contrast of the dark turquoise with the chartreuse is really surprising.

So beautiful. The color on the upholstered chair to the right is so pretty!

I'm a huge sucker for painted furniture (if you've ever seen my apt you'll know what I mean.) and that chest reminds me of an old Florentine painted chest.

I highly recommend the book. It was as much an auto biography as it was a collection of gorgeous interiors. I think I was most taken by Celerie when she sniffed the Sharpie marker that she used to sign my book. At least she was honest about liking the smell--who doesn't? Did I go too far there? Whatever, go get the book. HERE. Have an amazing Wednesday!


Alicia B.

5 comments:

LindsB said...

This is one of my favorite books, she has such great style!

Down Comforter said...

I love the second photo - the bold colors paired with the stark white are really great :)

anusha said...

Wow, she smelled the sharpie marker? It gives me a headache.
I loved the turquoise with the chartreuse combination. The upside down glass jar as a lighting shade is a pretty creative idea as well.

###### said...

love your blog...this is my first time here. found it by searching for sara bengur.

Alicia B. Designs said...

Tam-Thanks for visiting the blog!! Isn't Celerie fab?!

Have a great weekend all!