Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Colors: Yellow and Pink!

A match made in Peep Heaven!

In my last post of Easter colors before I jet off to CT, let's take a look at yellows and pinks! Besides pink and green, yellow and pink is one of my fave combos--plus I look great in yellow so...Pink is vibrant, romantic, and glamorous, while yellow is bright, happy, and fun. Enjoi!

I think a little yellow always goes a long way. What a pretty yellow color and I always appreciated a little modern art, as well. Garrow Kedigan.
Don't want to commit to pink furnishings? Just get a pop of pink flowers like here! Gorgeousness by Schuyler Samperton.

Pink paisley wallpaper and sophisticated and understated furnishings make this room by Sara Bengur so beautiful. Also notice the red and pink flowers on the sill of the MOST amazing window ever.

Oh Mary McDonald...SO much pink is making my heart swell. This pink is glamorous but not too girly because of the giltwood bamboo mirror and the dark mahogany pedestal table.


I'd say this is more of a mustard yellow but really works in this space with neutrals and touches of blue. By Eileen Kathryn Boyd.

A precious times one thousand pink bedroom here with distressed ivory twin beds by Leta Austin Foster.

Precious yellow is paired with contemporary neutral (and somewhat ugly) furnishings. I do love the yellow and bright blue contrast though. And the fur rug. Drake Designs.

I think this is what I would do if someone would let me (and then let me change it a few mins later). Pink. Everwhere. By Drake Designs.

Woah, that's intense pink! I really love the ornate accessories painted white though. It makes the space more comfortable/inviting. Diamond Baratta.

OMG Pink and yellow in one room! Together at last! This adorable and fun room is by Amanda Nisbet.


Sorry for the late post but, I'm not going to lie to you, I had the day off and I did a lot of fun stuff. I won a squash match, cleaned my apt (amazing!), and saw The Mysteries of Pittsburgh. Even though the NY Times panned it, I thought it was great and the guy playing Art was ADORABLE. Anyway, I'm off to CT for Easter, dying eggs, hanging out with the fam and the beau, and eating WAY too many jelly beans. Have a great weekend and Happy Easter!


Alicia B.

3 comments:

Down Comforter said...

I love pink & yellow together. The Mary McDonald room is really great :)

anusha said...

This post was so cute. I loved the room with the Mustard Yellow the best. Happy Easter.

Leta Austin Foster said...

Hi ALICIA...
WE JUST SAW US ON THE BLOG. WE WERE READING ABOUT PINK AND THERE WE WERE! THANKS SO MUCH
LOVE THE BLOG. WE WILL BECOME A FOLLOWER ASAP AND WE HOPE YOU FOLLOW US AT DECORATINGWITHSHEETS.COM.
IF YOU ARE IN PALM BEACH COME TO OUR PARTY AT THE BOUTIQUE. OCT 20.
XOXO LETA